NASDTEC is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its Members. This policy is designed to provide information about the personal information that NASDTEC collects and how this information is used. The term “personal information” refers to information that identifies a specific person, such as full name, email or postal address, and that can be used to contact or identify you.
- As a part of joining NASDTEC as a jurisdictional or associate member, you may be asked to provide certain information, including name, institutional association, postal and email addresses and phone numbers. (is this only used for membership purposes? Or do third parties have access?)
- For members who register for NASDTEC services, including conferences and webinars, registration requires submission of certain information, which may include including name, institutional association, postal and email addresses and phone numbers.
- For members who participate in the Clearinghouse, access requires the provision of a secure ID, which is recorded by a transaction log.
- For educators’ whose names are submitted to the Clearinghouse by authorized members, personal information of these educators including names, social security numbers or other unique identifier, and date of birth are collected and retained in the Clearinghouse.
- For members who participate in surveys, you may be asked to provide certain contact information, including name, institutional association, postal and email addresses and phone numbers as well as responses to survey questions that may be associated with your personally identifiable information.
- For members who elect to utilize NASDTEC services to communicate with other members, messages, comments, files or other materials may be posted or transmitted.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
NASDTEC uses the information it collects:
- To provide administrative services to its members, including sending emails or alerts, newsletters, answering requests and processing membership applications and conference registrations;
- To offer services sponsored by NASDTEC, including webinars and the NASDTEC Academy;
- To perform business analyses to improve NASDTEC services;
- To distribute responses of surveys to members;
- To deliver downloads of Clearinghouse data to other members in accordance with protocols described in the Clearinghouse Handbook;
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation or enforceable governmental request; and
- To prepare reports, NASDTEC may aggregate information that is not personally identifiable, including reports available on the Clearinghouse.